Holy Week- a journey into the depths

Stephen Cherry writes this:

Untie my Depths
My mind is still,
my body is at rest;
you are my desire
But I am alone;

alone with a knot-
a knot in my depths.
A tight, congested inner tangle,
I would love to tease it out.

I pull a strand,
the whole know tightens.
I leave it alone.
It does not go aways.

I raise my feelings to my throat,
the energy is caught below,
I raise my thoughts high in my head,
they are anchored to the knot.

What is this multi-threaded mass?
Who or what makes it rest here?
It drags me down, seals me within,
constricts my soul.

Disentangle me, Lord.
Unpick my inner knot.
Unravel my complexity.
Unweave my deepest confusion.
Untwist the channels of spirit within.

Pull apart the strands.
Prune the nuisance strings.
See my spiritual sclerosis and
soften, soften,
soften.

Stretch me from without.
Bless me from above.
Breathe your Spirit through me
and, by your mercy,
untie my depths.

Stephen Cherry 'Barefoot Prayers- A meditation a day for Lent and Easter'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLtye-OJfcgkZaZMks7LDtZmPEju8yy6eW&t=207&v=Gx82u8YBq0E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

advent day two

Peter- walking a rocky road

advent day fifteen