Exodus- a defining journey

"I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed.....

The Lord is my strength and my might, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him."   Exodus 15:1,2

This great journey was a journey out of oppression into liberty; out of labour for another into a future where work would be done with dignity; out of powerlessness into independence; out of hopelessness into promise. No wonder the people sang with Moses and Miriam, songs of praise to God who had set them free. The journey begins with such drama, such emotion, miraculous signs and wonders. Some journeys begin small, but not this one- this one is marked by walls of water, defeated and drowned enemies, dancing and tambourines.

In this season of Lent we look forward to Easter morning, when again a great and decisive journey from darkness to light is celebrated- a journey that changes forever the identity of those who share in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

advent day two

Peter- walking a rocky road

advent day fifteen