Mary (2)

I am a product of my modern education- a system which emphasizes logical, rational, scientific thinking. So I love working with friends who are more creative, and can extend my understanding in ways that are emotional, artistic and non-verbal. Theology as mind-blowing as incarnation needs so much more than words to express it. In fact, I suspect that if we try to rein it in or explain it with words, we fall into error which betrays more about our assumptions and prejudices than about God's amazing grace. Art somehow opens those doors which dogma has slammed shut.

So this weekend, I am excited to be sharing my message about Mary with a friend who is writing and singing a song, and another who is bringing flowers. May God's presence be made real in fragrance, colour and song as well as thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peter- walking a rocky road

advent day two

advent day fifteen